Old July 17th, 2007, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Gandalf[_2_]

Default shakespeare Telescopic rod

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
In article , Gandalf
wrote:
Anyone got any experience of the Ganza 12 ft Telescopic match rod please.

I have a Diawa Vertice telespin but feel it is too firm an action for
anything but the larger fish like carp and maybe barble but handling a 3
lb
tench made it feel like a lethargic bream so I want to change but still
like
the idea of a telescope as I have to use public transport due to an
illness.

I want something that will put the feel back into bagging up on things
other
than carp.

I can't help with the telescopics - sorry.

An angling chum swears by a selection of travel rods he can pack in his
music case - only one at a time fits alongside the violin but as he's
sneaking off fishing when the rest of the band are doing whatever
musicians
do in their off-time he doesn't usually have long and takes just one
minimal
outfit depending on the venue - which he looks up on the net in advance.

Some of them, various manufacturers, are very nice rods indeed.

If it's low collapsed length -and- response that you're looking for then
travel rods are probably a better bet than telescopic.

Cheerio,

Cheers Derek for the info and the laugh as the thought of this guy creeping
down to the bank with a violin case then fishing raised a smile.

Needed it as a stork just took my last large goldfish from my pond, it has
been chucking it down and I am going fishing at 5 am tomorrow.

I really need a light point to the evening.

On the rod front I got some advice from a tackle shop who are so confident
the Shakespeare Ganza that they will let me have one on trial. I get it in
about a week as it has to be sent via the post but will report back after I
have used it. Just got to keep hitting those tench. I had looked at the
muti-section type of rod and will go down that path if this one fails the
tench est.

Tomorrow I am taking an old diawa match rod that is older than my kids,
still does the job though.

Thanks again.

--
Gandalf