Old November 13th, 2006, 09:52 AM posted to alt.fishing,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,rec.outdoors.fishing
[email protected]

Default Tuna salad anyone? Death of a Tuna and Death of a Whale

Rodney Long wrote:

The first tools man made were spear points, and knives to kill, and
"butcher" meat, and each other. There is no history of the western world
where man did not eat meat, no site where there were not tools for
killing and eating meat, let's see that's about what ? 20,000 years,,
some say 50,000 years

Such is the pretentiousness of our species. If we were meant to eat
meat, then perhaps we wouldn't need tools for killing. Like primates,
we have learned to mimick carnivorous animals when required for
survival. However, modern packaging and shipping methods have
eliminated the need to eat meat for survival.

Besides, if we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of
meat ? :-)

That's the point. Meat was necessary for survival when winter frost
prevented crops from growing. It kept people from starving, although
it wasn't necessarily healthy. Now that we can ship vegetables in from
warmer locations and eat them from a can, there is really no point to
eating meat.