Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: bill allemann
Forum: Bass Fishing April 4th, 2008, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 15
Posted By bill allemann
Are riveted jon boats okay?

leaking rivets are not a big deal. You can reset and tighten them (anvil of
some sort on one side, hammer and flat point punch on the other).
On an older boat, a bigger issue is fatigue cracks,...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 3rd, 2007, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 1
Posted By bill allemann
hi-vis lines

I was wondering about hi-vis lines and if anyone has seen objective info
about whether
some of these lines really are fairly invisible underwater?

thanks,
bill
Forum: Bass Fishing August 16th, 2007, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By bill allemann
Why Dual Gas Tanks

I've had really bad luck with selector valves, i.e. three different ones
that died within 20 or so uses.
Seems like they're prone to leakage between the two inlet ports, so if one
tank is empty,...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 20th, 2007, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By bill allemann
survival of c & r smallie

a little too heavy on the psychedelics years ago?

"The Great Gazooka" wrote in message

Awesome!! "Do you die every...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 18th, 2007, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By bill allemann
survival of c & r smallie

The other day I landed a nice smallie that got gullet hooked, but the hook
rotated out quickly. As the fish was taken out of the water, though, there
was some bleeding, probably from a gill, but...
Forum: Fishing Photos July 17th, 2007, 02:57 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 12
Posted By bill allemann
Is this a Smallmouth bass?

they're called goggle-eye around Missouri

bill
"QUAKEnSHAKE" wrote in message
Not sure if this a a SMB? I never...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 1st, 2007, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 42
Posted By bill allemann
Killing bass?

Depends on the body of water.
Some small to medium lakes often need to have certain sizes (usually small)
culled out to avoid stunting and achieve balance.
Some private lakes may have such...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 10th, 2007, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 14
Posted By bill allemann
The Color Red

Your problems with FC are hard to figure. Except for bad experience with
Berkley Vanish,
I've had success with it.

bill

"johnval1" wrote in message...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 10th, 2007, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 14
Posted By bill allemann
The Color Red

when red is filtered out, you will have black or a shade of grey.
depending on ambient light, etc. the object would look light or dark, like
seeing it on a b&w TV.

"johnval1"...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 2nd, 2007, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By bill allemann
BP Batteries

I got a troller battery from BP about 4 years ago, and it was the only
battery I ever saw that had corrosion problems
with the stainless wingnut. I replaced it with a spare and that fixed it.
Same...
Forum: Bass Fishing April 17th, 2007, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 8
Posted By bill allemann
Expierienced small engine advice

I once had 15hp Johnson with the long shaft extender, and I changed it over
and it didn't amount to much work, although it was a long time ago and I
don't remember the details.
$50 seems pretty...
Forum: Fishing Photos April 17th, 2007, 06:11 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 2
Posted By bill allemann
8 pound bass this morning!

did you use a digital fillet knife on it, or a light saber?

bill

"SHRED" wrote in message
Couldn't resist.
;)
Forum: Fishing Photos April 9th, 2007, 02:12 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 10
Posted By bill allemann
Live bait to bass fish with. Right or Wrong?

I've heard about that method in relation to muskies. In that story they
called the method "planking".

"Donut" wrote in message...
Forum: Bass Fishing March 21st, 2007, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By bill allemann
How much can i do with a 12 ft. Jon?

Jon boat hulls handle quite a bit of weight (sounds like you're already
overloaded), but keep in mind that when you sit up on pedestal seats,
the center of gravity goes way up. John boats have no...
Forum: Bass Fishing February 23rd, 2007, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By bill allemann
Jon boat tracking

with a boat that small, you will have to sit further back.
To do that, you probably will need to get a troller with electric foot
controls instead of cables.

bill

"Olebiker" ...
Forum: Bass Fishing February 10th, 2007, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By bill allemann
fishing rivers

largemouth tend to be in the areas you described, but they will also hang
close to current breaks, especially if there is brush or some other cover
there.
smallies will be in the current more than...
Forum: Bass Fishing February 9th, 2007, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By bill allemann
fishing rivers

small/large river?
smallmouth/largemouth?

"BIG FISH 2006" wrote in message
I fish a river here in Michigan, and I can...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 29th, 2007, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 1
Posted By bill allemann
Fishing Partner.

I saw this the other day, maybe on this ng, and haven't really looked at it
yet. It does seem to be run by someone who is for real, rather than some
kind of marketing...
Forum: Fishing Photos December 16th, 2006, 02:54 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 7
Posted By bill allemann
another test--resizing

the size on your screen and the data size of the file are two different
issues.
photo editing software can save a file at many different quality levels that
affect file size dramatically at a given...
Forum: Bass Fishing December 6th, 2006, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 22
Posted By bill allemann
New Bass Fishing Forum

"Joe Haubenreich" wrote in
message Don't get too settled on this "Internet" thing. I'm
sure it's just a passing fad, and soon we'll all be abuzz...
Forum: Bass Fishing December 5th, 2006, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 22
Posted By bill allemann
New Bass Fishing Forum

I think that was called Arpanet, or something like that.

I don't think computer systems from back then are very relevant to "casual"
usage of recent years, though.

Bill

"Bob La Londe"...
Forum: Bass Fishing December 4th, 2006, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 22
Posted By bill allemann
New Bass Fishing Forum

Did Al Gore invent newsgroups 30 years ago?
Time flies..

Bill

"Jay Carter" wrote in message
Wow.. so much hate.
Forum: Bass Fishing November 30th, 2006, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 11
Posted By bill allemann
Berkley Vanish

there was a fairly lengthy thread on this about 3 weeks back.

Bill

"Rich & Joan Davis" wrote in message
Is it my...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 11th, 2006, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 49
Posted By bill allemann
RIP, ROFB

I think there's an echo in here....

Btw, caught an 18" smalley near st. louis yesterday.
Streams running high but clear.
Not many nice days left.

Bill

"Charles Summers"...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 11th, 2006, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 49
Posted By bill allemann
RIP, ROFB

I don't understand the problem with top posting.
Several groups I use quite a lot for business all top post,
and I prefer it. If there's a stack of conversation on a message, a reader
doesn't need...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36