Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: matthew walker
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing October 29th, 2007, 09:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 9
Posted By matthew walker
Polish Pikers

"Alec Powell" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007, The Midnight Rider, gave forth these words of
wisdom:
We had the problem...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing October 29th, 2007, 09:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 9
Posted By matthew walker
Polish Pikers

No worries dude, I fish along side them. Will Recommend The lakes and rivers
of oxfordshire
"Alec Powell" wrote in message
On Mon,...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing October 25th, 2007, 09:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 9
Posted By matthew walker
Polish Pikers

Cool with me, just wanted feed back. To be honest don't see owt wrong with
taking the odd one. Was more concerned about the over all picture. Ther're
is a bit of bad feeling about it here at the...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing October 21st, 2007, 08:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 9
Posted By matthew walker
Polish Pikers

They Take the Jacks as well, will this not affect the future of pike? Like I
have stated before this is on a large scale, they are also taking other
preditor species such as perch.
"matthew walker"...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing October 17th, 2007, 05:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 9
Posted By matthew walker
Polish Pikers

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
In article , matthew walker
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing October 14th, 2007, 09:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 9
Posted By matthew walker
Polish Pikers

Hi All,

I've been fishing some of my regular locations on the river Trent. There has
been an influx of Polish people to the area recently. When I have been
fishing they are polite and interested in...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing October 13th, 2007, 07:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 6
Posted By matthew walker
Changing line on a reel

I tend to see in books that they advise to change line every year. I think
with the quality of line produced today it can last much longer. I tend to
replace if I feel the line is an issue, or as...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing October 13th, 2007, 06:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 0
Posted By matthew walker
ABU 506 modification

Hi All,

I have an old abu506m, good old school reel but a little frustrating. The
drag is not great and i beleive there is a modification so that you can
reel in and out. The default stops you from...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing September 18th, 2007, 11:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 1
Posted By matthew walker
Hate mail after Sammy the seal shot by anglers

wrote in message
On 15 Sep, 08:51, wrote:
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:48:54 +0100, Old...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing September 6th, 2007, 02:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 0
Posted By matthew walker
Nottingham -Day ticket fishing

Hi,
Does anybody know any good spots in or around Notts? Looking for general
course float, feeeder and ledger fishing venue.

Cheers
Matt
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing August 28th, 2007, 05:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 6

Thank you for the advice

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
In article , Gandalf
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing August 25th, 2007, 05:27 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 1
Posted By matthew walker
Maximum linefill on spool

Hi Jo,

According to a book I bought recently 2mm is the correct distance of fill to
lip of spool, sounds like your skills havent wained in your time away.

Cheers
Matt
"Jo" wrote in...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing August 25th, 2007, 05:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 6

Cheers Mate,

That was the low cost solution I was looking for!

Many thanks

"Damian Burrin" wrote in message
I have...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing August 25th, 2007, 05:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 0
Posted By matthew walker
Cheap fishing book

Just bought "The Dorling Kindersley Encyclopedia of Fishing" from the works
(discount book store. £6.99 would recommend to anyone with an interest in
the hobby, especially someone new to the sport or...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing August 25th, 2007, 04:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 6

Hi,
I'am new to fishing after 20 years absence. I have no spool holders to
attatch to my rod and just wondered what is the best way to load up my
spools with new line?
any help would be...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing August 19th, 2007, 09:29 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 3
Posted By matthew walker
newbie getting back into hobby - need spinner fishing advise -old school reels

Thanks for the advice, I'll get the spools loaded up and give it a go!
"matthew walker" wrote in message
Hi All,

Forum: UK Coarse Fishing August 18th, 2007, 11:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 3
Posted By matthew walker
newbie getting back into hobby - need spinner fishing advise -old school reels

Hi All,

I am just getting the bug for fishing after a 20 year absence. i have a good
match course fishind rod and some good olds skool reels. Iam comfortable
with lake and river fishing, but would...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17