Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 2.67 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Larry L[_2_]
Forum: Fly Fishing July 12th, 2011, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
2011 - thus far

I got a couple e-mails requesting I post to my journal. Just put a
couple entries there for this very odd season.

http://www.kimshew.com/flyfish/logs.php
Forum: Fly Fishing May 19th, 2011, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 12
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
Penns Clave weather

On May 18, 2:17*pm, Tom Littleton wrote:
, with more rain coming over the
next day or even two. Pack some beach clothing,...
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 23rd, 2011, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 9
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
Portable chair

On Apr 22, 6:25*pm, Guy wrote:

Don't know Trout Hunter, but this kinda looks like it might do the
trick. (need a guarantee the thing wouldn't give me a surprise
Forum: Fly Fishing April 22nd, 2011, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 9
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
Portable chair

On Apr 22, 6:14*am, Guy wrote:
Gentleman,
As the years catch up, it is more of an inconvenience to sit down and
get back up when re-rigging. I find myself looking for a...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 29th, 2011, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
DNR Bans Felt Soles In Maryland Waters

On Mar 29, 9:37*am, wrote:

I remember reading a few reviews on the newest gear to replace felt
Some of the reviews were very unfavorable - too slipery
There was also...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 9th, 2011, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
Glad to see this ... politics but NOT OT

http://missoulian.com/news/state-and-regional/article_52427464-4a07-11e0-9cfc-001cc4c03286.html
Forum: Fly Fishing March 4th, 2011, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
Fishing the Film ..a book by Gary Borger

On Mar 1, 3:57*pm, DavePA wrote:

Resurrecting this post to exclaim that THIS BOOK is the Reader's
Digest version of the Holy Grail of all known, flyfishing for trout,
Forum: Fly Fishing March 3rd, 2011, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 3
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
Casting question

On Mar 3, 7:28*am, riverman wrote:
All things being equal (same caster, same length and weight rod, same
line), which casts a line further; a stiff rod or a soft rod?
I...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 2nd, 2011, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 17
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
fly fishing mussels

On Mar 2, 6:16*am, " wrote:
An amazing video showing evolution in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0YTBj0WHkU

MAJOR COOL

I can't cast and work a...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 2nd, 2011, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
Montana HB309 -limiting public access to rivers

On Mar 1, 4:58*pm, DavePA wrote:
..

This thread is nominated for the George Gherke award to irrelevance to
fly fishing..

didn't start out that way ..... Montana HB 309...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 27th, 2011, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
"fish" in Phoenix ?

On Feb 25, 4:01*pm, angler wrote:
On 24 Feb, 20:57, Larry L wrote:

Yeah, I could just Google ... but maybe I can wake up a lurker

Forum: Fly Fishing February 25th, 2011, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
"fish" in Phoenix ?

On Feb 24, 3:25*pm, Jonathan Cook wrote:

What do you consider nearby? Drive east and you can get into trout
fishing in the White and Blue Mountains. Some on Indian...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 24th, 2011, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
"fish" in Phoenix ?

Yeah, I could just Google ... but maybe I can wake up a lurker

Looks like I'm likely to be going to Phoenix, Az area on a fairly
regular basis over the next few years.

Are there places near-by for...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 24th, 2011, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
OT Jay Leno's Garage

On Feb 23, 5:27*pm, " wrote:

This has to be one of the most stupid, wasteful, self-indulgent things
I've ever seen. Just buy a freaking video...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 23rd, 2011, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
Montana HB309 -limiting public access to rivers

Thank You, Fred

Thank You, Fred

Thank You, Fred
Forum: Fly Fishing February 20th, 2011, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
What would YOU do?

On Feb 19, 5:25*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

Piece of cake. *Contact the owner.
No questions.
Frank Reid

Ditto ...

I found a wallet while out training dogs at a local...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 19th, 2011, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
Huh?

"much less leverage" is ambiguous.....at best. *Personally, I'm
inclined to the believe that it's flat out wrong.

Put a rod together and grip it as you normally would (everyone seems
to...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 19th, 2011, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
awakening

Thanks so much, Jeff
Forum: Fly Fishing February 18th, 2011, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
Huh?

(aka wobbley wrist)

I completely suck at fly casting .... and wobbly wrists are only one
of my problems .. but for that one,

I find grips modified like...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 16th, 2011, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 12
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
Mouse patterns at night?

On Feb 16, 1:18*pm, "JT" wrote:

Thanks,
JT

I looked and found a short note on these two days, ones I happened to
record
Forum: Fly Fishing February 16th, 2011, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 12
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
Mouse patterns at night?

On Feb 16, 9:13*am, "JT" wrote:
"Giles" wrote in message

Forum: Fly Fishing February 15th, 2011, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 12
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
Mouse patterns at night?

On Feb 15, 2:09*pm, "JT" wrote:
Have any of you ever fished mouse/frog patterns at night? It's something I
have wanted to try for years on the Bitterroot and for...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 15th, 2011, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
Jes checking....

On Feb 15, 10:55*am, notbob wrote:
....to see if this group is still populated by mostly insufferable
assholes. *

nb

About the only thing that has changed is that,...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 15th, 2011, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 12
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
baetis weather

On Feb 14, 4:17*pm, Giles wrote:
On Feb 14, 5:00*pm, Larry L wrote:

On Feb 14, 2:15*pm, Giles wrote:

I mean,...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 14th, 2011, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 12
Posted By Larry L[_2_]
baetis weather

On Feb 14, 3:08*pm, " wrote:

If you like to feel guilty, think about all the stuff you were
supposed to be
doing when you were fishing. :-)

LOL that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250