Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: vincent p. norris
Forum: Fly Fishing May 1st, 2007, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
Posted By vincent p. norris
Penn's in April--TR

He is outside of Hartleton, on the corner where you turn to go to Laurelton.

Thanks, Tom. vince
Forum: Fly Fishing April 30th, 2007, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
Posted By vincent p. norris
Penn's in April--TR

I arrived in the area and stopped in a Bruce Fisher(softhackle)'s new shop on rte.45.

Tom, where along Rte. 45 is that shop?

Thanks. Vince
Forum: Fly Fishing April 29th, 2007, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By vincent p. norris
Replacement knee

Have you ever noticed that dentists are excellent fly tyers. I wonder
if MSD's are even a cut above.

Please do not use the word "cut" in a posting about dentistry.

It arouses unpleasant...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 20th, 2007, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By vincent p. norris
A & F memories...

OK, as long as we're strolling down memory lane...

What are your favorite A & F memories......

Ed Zern told this A&F story:

The clerk in the shotgun deptartment noticed a guy looking kinda...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 13th, 2007, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
Posted By vincent p. norris
Sand Hills, NB, rainbows--ping Frank Reid

Frank, or anyone else who knows--

I had dinner this evening at a local club and one guy at the table
was saying the finest rainbow fishing in the U.S. is in the Sand Hills
of Nebraska.

Izzat...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 7th, 2007, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 12
Posted By vincent p. norris
Sunken 'float'

I have a Humphreys video where he wraps lead over cotton and then flattens
the mess, as an underbody. He uses flat lead foil, I tried it with round
fly shop not-lead and didn't have results...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 31st, 2007, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 51
Posted By vincent p. norris
onchorynchus salar

BTW, you're in the area around Penn State aren't you ? Do you
fish with the roffians at the Penn's 'Clave ?

Yes. Yes.

vince
Forum: Fly Fishing March 30th, 2007, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 51
Posted By vincent p. norris
onchorynchus salar

If he's your friend get him a writing class. As a teacher maby you can
find a web based class for him. He uses five words when two would do.
If some of his stuff was read on Monte Pyton or Benny...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 16th, 2007, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By vincent p. norris
OT Confession

No way, as a matter of fact it's only going to be a matter of time
before Khalid Sheikh Mohammed confesses to killing Nicole and Ron
thereby freeing OJ from that lifelong search for their...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 8th, 2007, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By vincent p. norris
Need Advice with an Intruder?

I got a problem with one of the anglers at the casting ponds.
He's a great caster, an old-timer.....

If it happened to me, I would tell him politely but firmly, not to
touch my fly rod,...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 18th, 2007, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
Posted By vincent p. norris
Good News!!!

Bob Hope and I have been ruled out as probable fathers of Anna Nicole
Smith's baby. Everyone else is still suspect.

Frank, do you think they'll go easier on me if I confess and throw
myself on...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 8th, 2007, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 21
Posted By vincent p. norris
The upside-down fly pattern

Today I have read an article about the upside-down fly design. Has any
one ever tied this pattern?

Brian Clarke and John Goddard, Brits, in their book The Trout and the
Fly, discuss this fly...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 25th, 2007, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
Posted By vincent p. norris
Dems give up hope of 2008 Presidential bid?

..... i'm still on the obama train til we get derailed...

What are your words of wisdom about Edwards, Jeff?

vince
Forum: Fly Fishing January 7th, 2007, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By vincent p. norris
The Road to Nowhere

A few months ago there were a number of messages posted here about the
building, or non-building, of a promised road in Great Smoky Mountains
National Park.

A videographer with WPSU-TV (Penn State...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 4th, 2007, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By vincent p. norris
Cabin Fever Vicarious Thrill

I thought this was interesting.

Yeah, great pix, Ken! Reminded me of some of the lakes I
fished--though not so remote-- in RMNP, years ago.

vince
Forum: Fly Fishing January 2nd, 2007, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By vincent p. norris
Xmas aftermath

He's better than Mother Teresa. He's still alive, right?

I don't know.

Yep, I saw that piece on 60 Minutes some years back.

I found this on Wikipedia:

Aaron Feuerstein (born 1925) was the...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 1st, 2007, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By vincent p. norris
Xmas aftermath

Damn! And just bought myself Polartec Fleece and a Precip rain jacket.

I knew I was makin' a huge mistake!

Op

I hope you'll change your mind. The guy who owns Polartec is a Saint,
second...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 31st, 2006, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By vincent p. norris
Suggestions for building a fly fishing space

I have the opportunity to build a dream fly fishing room, and I'd love
your input.

Here is a fundamental universal truth you can absolutely count on,
Tim:

It will not be big enough.

vince
Forum: Fly Fishing December 28th, 2006, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By vincent p. norris
Colonoscopies redux

vincent p. norris wrote:

He went on to explain that colonoscopies are not usually done on
anyone older than 75 because the risks outweigh the benefits.

So hang in there.....75...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 19th, 2006, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By vincent p. norris
Colonoscopies redux

Pardon my ignorance, but what are the "risks"?
- Ken

Bowel perforation risky enough for you?

Yeah, that's what the doc said. Bowel tissue becomes thinner and
weaker--more susceptible to...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 17th, 2006, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By vincent p. norris
Colonoscopies redux

Because this was discussed here not too long ago, my apologies to
those who haven't yet attained old farthood.....

Actually, John, they're the only ones who should be concerned. Those
who have...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 16th, 2006, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By vincent p. norris
OT Blood type

Maybe it's just here, but we usually get a free Red Cross T-shirt in the
"Give Blood" style du jour.

I neglected to mention that several times, recently, we were offered
black T-shirts with some...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 15th, 2006, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By vincent p. norris
OT Blood type

And you get free cookies.

Cookies? Izzat all? Geez, we get pizza!

vince
Forum: Fly Fishing December 13th, 2006, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
Posted By vincent p. norris
OT Accent Quiz

Wolfgang