Showing results 1 to 25 of 68
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: pittendrigh
Forum: Fly Fishing August 1st, 2009, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By pittendrigh
FTA on DVD

Saw the Jane Fonda/Donald Sutherland FTA movie tonight,
about the forgotten and covered-up enlisted man's protest against the
war
in the early 70s.....about soldiers refusing to fight,...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying April 19th, 2007, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 1
Posted By pittendrigh
Upside down fly patterns

On Apr 19, 6:58 am, Da wrote:
2 months ago, I posted a discussion about upside down fly patterns. I
found a lot of people in this group are interested in those...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying April 18th, 2007, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 7
Posted By pittendrigh
Temptation

http://montana-riverboats.com/Temptation

Every fly fisherman has succumed to temptation, and tried something
like this (the above link) at one time or another--haven't they?

The guy who showed me...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying April 13th, 2007, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 2
Posted By pittendrigh
Ping Sandy

On Apr 12, 8:18 am, Willi wrote:
Sandy,

You posted a source for Teflon tubing to use with Zap A Gap. Could you
please post it again?

Willi

Hi Willi:
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying April 7th, 2007, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 5
Posted By pittendrigh
MacKnot

On Apr 7, 6:26 am, "Steve in Maryland" wrote:

Why is a surgeon's knot considered better than just tying one wrap,
just an overhand loop, for this kind of knot? Why the...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying April 6th, 2007, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 5
Posted By pittendrigh
MacKnot

On Apr 6, 7:20 am, jeff wrote:

i've always heard it called it a surgeon's loop. a western nc flyshop
owner, theo copeland, showed it to me as a recommended knot for...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying April 5th, 2007, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 5
Posted By pittendrigh
MacKnot

I recognized this knot (in Al Troth's 1992 Catalog) as a knot I've
seen bonefish guides use,
as way to get more action and natural movement on the...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying April 5th, 2007, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 7
Posted By pittendrigh
Ugly fly

On Apr 4, 9:03 pm, "Dawn Moe" wrote:
I posted a pic of an accidental creation on abpf, any thoughts appreciated
as to why it might work. Thanks to any replies.

Jeremy...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 31st, 2007, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 1
Posted By pittendrigh
Tom Travis Collection

My Tom Travis collection is evolving, getting better.
Tom gave me recipes for all his flies (10 or so Yellowstone River
flies plus
ten spring creek flies). I'll get those posted...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 25th, 2007, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 8
Posted By pittendrigh
What is the name of this fly?

On Mar 23, 5:37 pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
with the two tone body, and hair wings and tail, along with the dark dun
hackle, it not only is an Irresistable, but a version of...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 23rd, 2007, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 10
Posted By pittendrigh
Utlra-close closeups

.....a few more (fly tying) website tips.

Avoid frames and framesets.
Never ever use links (on any html page) that are made with
either javascript or flash. Search engines cannot interpret
either...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 23rd, 2007, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 10
Posted By pittendrigh
Utlra-close closeups

Can you link to my site? Yes, absolutely.
You've got the start of a fun site, and your current fly
photos are good.

A tripod will help. With a tripod and a small camera
you may not need a light...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 22nd, 2007, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 8
Posted By pittendrigh
What is the name of this fly?

What is this fly?

http://montana-riverboats.com/Pages/Fly-Tying/Montana-Fly-Tiers/Classic-Dry-Flies/index.html
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 22nd, 2007, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 10
Posted By pittendrigh
Utlra-close closeups

I moved the micro trico photos, so it has a new url now:

http://montana-riverboats.com/Pages/Fly-Tying/Montana-Fly-Tiers/Classic-Dry-Flies/Micro-Trico/index.html
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 22nd, 2007, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 10
Posted By pittendrigh
Utlra-close closeups

Look again--I added a penny picture. I didn't tie this fly. It was
part
of a borrowed collection, and the owner couldn't remember who tied
it either (the owner used to be in the business, and lots...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 21st, 2007, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 24
Posted By pittendrigh
Woody Colmes and forgotten flies

Nice Work Willi....
Nice originals too.

Some of the most recent Pott's flies (when did they
quit making them? 70s 80s???) seem to have wrapped bodies
made with something like embroidery thread...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 21st, 2007, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 24
Posted By pittendrigh
Woody Colmes and forgotten flies

I don't go back to horse hair or anything....... but when I was learning
to fly fish for trout, I saw lots of the "old" ranchers using a
Shakespeare "Wonder Rod" with one of those Martin red...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 17th, 2007, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 0
Posted By pittendrigh
Betts Baetis

Going through some old fly boxes yesterday I found a John Betts
orignal I forgot I even had. This is a Blue Winged Olive of sorts,
tied entirely with synthetic...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 16th, 2007, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 10
Posted By pittendrigh
Utlra-close closeups

Here're two photos that took some...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 15th, 2007, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 8
Posted By pittendrigh
Great Flytying Site

http://www.jpdessaigne.com/Lesmouchessaumon/galeriesaumon/galerievict...

wow
Forum: Fly Fishing March 15th, 2007, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 12
Posted By pittendrigh
Great Flytying Site

http://www.jpdessaigne.com/Lesmouchessaumon/galeriesaumon/galerievict...

wow
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 14th, 2007, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 3
Posted By pittendrigh
Al Troth's Hair Hopper & Hair Cricket

On Jan 24, 4:53 pm, "GaryS" wrote:
Does anyone have recipes for these now forgotten Al Troth patterns? I sort
of know what they look like, thanks to small, not-very-sharp,
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 14th, 2007, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 24
Posted By pittendrigh
Woody Colmes and forgotten flies

oooooops.

It's Elwood 'Woody' Combs, not Colmes.
http://montana-riverboats.com/Pages/Fly-Tying/Montana-Fly-Tiers/Woody-Combs/index.html
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 11th, 2007, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 0
Posted By pittendrigh
The start of a Richard Parks collection

I watched Richard Parks tie to today, at the Troutfitters shop in
Bozeman.
I took a few photos, which now form the start of new Richard Parks
collection.
I need to get some flies at home (rather than...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 9th, 2007, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 4
Posted By pittendrigh
March Browns

On Mar 9, 10:37 am, "Larry L" wrote:
My point in posting is this .... finding good March Brown patterns, and
fishing strategies

Hi Larry:

You're probably...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 68