Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 5.55 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ken Fortenberry
Forum: Fly Fishing August 18th, 2012, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
Prohibition On Felt Sole Wading Shoes ?

Bob wrote:
Hello,

Just read that Vermont prohibits felt for wader bottoms.

Huh ?

No idea how long it's been this way in Vt.

Other states also ?
Forum: Fly Fishing August 5th, 2012, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 17
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
Health check

john b wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
The grownups have signed onto Facebook using their real names and
the discussion continues on Facebook roff. The so-called "Giles"
would not be...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 24th, 2012, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 17
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
Health check

Russell D. wrote:
Tim J. wrote:
I check in on Facebook ROFF from time to time, but have a much harder
time
following the discussions in that format vs. the Usenet threaded
format. It
Forum: Fly Fishing June 22nd, 2012, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 17
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
Health check

Tim J. wrote:
Giles typed:
So, anyone grown up and developed an interest in
discussion?.....responsibility?

Discussion? Maybe, but that "responsibility" **** is for the birds.

The...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 17th, 2012, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
Casting practice - fields & water ... beginner

riverman wrote:

Have fun. By the way, you'll find most of us have migrated to Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/recoutdoorsfishingfly/

Oh great, now that you've posted the secret code...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 13th, 2012, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
Force Fins For Sale

Frank Church wrote:
snip
Frank Sr
Fremont, IN
(who still hasn't found roff on Facebook)

Well, no wonder. Facebook roff is impossible to find without
the secret decoder ring. If you don't...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 14th, 2012, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
....got the fever....

john b wrote:
Oh yeah, I'm barreling down the road. I have everything I need!
snip
And then I go to my rucksack and get my gold pan.....yeah baby I am
panning for gold.

I got the...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 31st, 2012, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
OK, let's see if anyone is still here...

Frank Church wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Check out Facebook roff. Old dogs *CAN* learn new tricks, ya know. ;-)

How does one get to roff posts on facebook? Dang, it's hard to leave here
Forum: Fly Fishing January 31st, 2012, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
OK, let's see if anyone is still here...

Frank Church wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Frank Church wrote:
Four married guys go fishing.
snip
The bad guys have captured the Lone Ranger, have him naked on the

Ah, glad to...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 31st, 2012, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Frank Church wrote:
Four married guys go fishing.
snip

The bad guys have captured the Lone Ranger, have him naked on the
ground, and are about to shoot him. "Do you have any last...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 27th, 2011, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
OT Tar Heel Condolences

Wayno old buddy, there may be a lot of North Carolina defensive linemen
ready to play on Sundays, but they sure as hell didn't show up to play
this Monday.

That was painful to watch.

--
Ken...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 14th, 2011, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Jonathan Cook wrote:
Hi all, I must confess I rarely peek in at ROFF anymore, I agree it is
essentially dead. ...

Confession is good for the soul and "essentially dead" is like
"almost a...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 2nd, 2011, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 30
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
What the hell has happened to this place?

Frank Church wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
roff is dead, long live roff

Oh yeah? Yer mother wears GI shorts and combat boots, so there.

Frank Sr. (just wanted to let you know I'm still...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 2nd, 2011, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 30
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
What the hell has happened to this place?

Chad wrote:
snip
Really guys, did everybody jump to a forum or is this ember just
hardly glowing?

Both. There is a ROFF group on Facebook which has slightly more
traffic than Usenet roff....
Forum: Fly Fishing November 29th, 2011, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
For the anti-Facebook luddites (Tim & Tom ;-)

I'm planning a steelhead trip to Michigan and this year I'm thinking I
might fish the Muskegon instead of the Pere Marquette. I was surfing the
net looking for a place to stay on the Muskegon River...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 16th, 2011, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 30
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
So, did everyone believe the story...

Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
that ROFF is dead or just no one going fishing.
I'm hearing crickets here. ...

I've traded the fly rod for the 20 gauge since the upland season
opened the first of the...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 10th, 2011, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
Mongolia Pics

riverman wrote:
Anyone with a FB account...you can see the pics from my Mongolia trip on my webpage. I keep my profile pretty well hidden (part of that whole witness protection thing), but if you...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 20th, 2011, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
Tar Heels forfeit

So all those bets I lost, all that booze I shipped to
North Carolina, now it turns out that I actually WON !

I'll take my winnings in Laphroaig and Ridge zinfandels.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Forum: Fly Fishing September 11th, 2011, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Mike wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
How are things down at the train station, Your Looniness ? LOL !!

One of these days I am going to hear how somebody you have ****ed
about ...

You're...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 11th, 2011, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 93
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
r.o.f.f.

Mike wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Wayne Harrison wrote:
turns out i was wrong about r.o.f.f--it was not darwinian. it changed, and
as a result thereof, died.

but, hell, thanks...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 11th, 2011, 01:01 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
9/11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoxxix0QQdU
Forum: Fly Fishing September 7th, 2011, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 26
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
the death of roff

Wayne Harrison wrote:
the demise of rec.outdoors.fishing.fly is a tragic certainty. there may be
some reflexive flips and flops, not unlike the last gasps of a rainbow in
the rocks and sand up...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 7th, 2011, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 93
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
r.o.f.f.

Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Tom Littleton wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
roff isn't really dead, it just smells like it. ;-)

well, NOW it does......g

Forum: Fly Fishing September 7th, 2011, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 93
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
r.o.f.f.

Tom Littleton wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
roff isn't really dead, it just smells like it. ;-)

well, NOW it does......g

Harrumph, HOW uncivilized ! This kind of incivility would
never be...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 6th, 2011, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 93
Posted By Ken Fortenberry
r.o.f.f.

Russell D. wrote: