Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 3.79 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ken Fortenberry[_2_]
Forum: Bass Fishing July 12th, 2009, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Help me out here

Joe_Z wrote:
Bless you Ken! I have hated Google and thus my virtual absence. Joe Z is
back!

You bless me now but if you top posters ever figure out what
eternal-september means you'll be...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 8th, 2009, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Help me out here

Da Chief wrote:
I am not educated in the ways of PCs like many of those on ROFB and the
upcoming loss of usenet on AT&T may be the end of my participation- unless
someone can give me help...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 5th, 2009, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 3
TR Northern Michigan

Guy wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Wayne Knight and I were in Grayling this weekend.
snip

Well.......thanks for the TR.

You're quite welcome.

After reading your TR, I'll do my best
Forum: Fly Fishing June 29th, 2009, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Bennett Spring State Park, Missouri

Family-Outdoors wrote:
Hell, when my wife dragged me to this state I didn't even know a trout
existed within its borders. Having lived my whole life up until now in
places where I never...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 18th, 2009, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Orvis T3 Sal****er tip action

Wayne Harrison wrote:
appropos of nothing, i have long held the opinion that nearly every sage rod
i have cast would have made a fine broomhandle...

The Sage LL (Light Line) series is a...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 16th, 2009, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Orvis T3 Sal****er tip action

wrote:
rw wrote:
Do any of the gear whores out there have opinions about this rod? My
local Orvis dealer is big on the Orvis Helios, but...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 10th, 2009, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
TR Midwestern Trifecta Fly Fishing Extravaganza

The lakes were warming nicely; gradually, progressively, right on
schedule, and then I rolled into the Northwoods bringing a cold
front. The smallies that were *just* about to hit the spawning
beds...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 26th, 2009, 11:55 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Outta here

Off to the northwoods for the Annual Midwestern Trifecta
Fly Fishing Extravaganza near beautiful Boulder Junction.
The car is loaded with fishing sticks and Budweiser, WOO HOO
time to hit the...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 22nd, 2009, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
TR- Back to the Old School

George Cleveland wrote:
excellent TR snipped

So what did I learn from fishing the old school rods?

One, the faster rods I fish with now have made me a worse caster. The
old rods...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 20th, 2009, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Camp headache back in '72...

JT wrote:
I don't think Kaylin would approve... ;)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/peachman69/Camp_Fortenberry.jpg

JT
-who has enjoyed a little light heartedness around the...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 20th, 2009, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
TR: A week in the Smokies

Conan The Librarian wrote:
I spent Sunday through Saturday morning in Elkmont campground in
the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
snip
I need to make sure and do this trip every...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 16th, 2009, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
The blogosphere

DaveS wrote:
... Nary a harsh word can
be heard above the froggies and the coyotes hunting the kitties and
the little bunnies. Ah Spring.

Killer frogs ? Hunting kitties and little bunnies...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 16th, 2009, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
OT Preakness

There are few sure things in horse racing, but my picks being
wrong is about as close as you can get. ;-)

So, without further ado:

Win - Mine That Bird

Place - Pioneerof the Nile

Show - Rachel...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 16th, 2009, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 21
possible virus attack--please help

wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Start using your caps key. And buy a Mac.

Problem solved.

i'd rather wear blue and orange underwear ...

Oh right, like we'd even...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 15th, 2009, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 21
possible virus attack--please help

wrote:
hey, i am being bombarded by popups hawking "spyware protect 2009
alert" purporting to warn me of an "infiltration alert", asking me to
click on "yes" to "block this...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 14th, 2009, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
KY/TN Bound Soon!

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com wrote:
The towns we're looking at (but not limited to) moving to a

Cookeville, Clarksville and Paris Tennessee - Campbellsville, Eddyville,
Monticello...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 12th, 2009, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Asheville Info, Por Favor

Daniel-San wrote:
First off, thanks to those who suggested places for a pre-spawn vacation.
The Planning Committee decided on the Grove Park Inn (suggested, I believe,
by the estimable Mr....
Forum: Bass Fishing May 11th, 2009, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 33
Any crappie fishermen here?

Bob La Londe wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
Bob La Londe wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
But all this is changing as fly rod manufacturers all seem to be
migrating to the "faster...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 10th, 2009, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 33
Any crappie fishermen here?

Bob La Londe wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
But all this is changing as fly rod manufacturers all seem to be
migrating to the "faster is better" philosophy, especially in the
bigger...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 10th, 2009, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 33
Any crappie fishermen here?

Bob La Londe wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
... The last week of May and the first week of June
is a good time to use everything in the bag. All the fly rods, 1wt
to 9wt, will get a...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 8th, 2009, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 33
Great Battles of Fiction

Bob La Londe wrote:
Rocky Vs Ali

Freddy Vs Jason

Alien Vs Predator

Spam Cop Vs Net Nanny

Dainty Dabber Vs Bass Wincher
Forum: Bass Fishing May 8th, 2009, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 33
Any crappie fishermen here?

Bob La Londe wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
The lesson to remember is not to go all smart-assed, off-topic
net nanny on posts that are on topic. Not that you ever would.

ROFL. Dang it...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 8th, 2009, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 33
Any crappie fishermen here?

Bob La Londe wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
LOL is optional.

I have to remember not to pick on you.

The lesson to remember is not to go all smart-assed, off-topic
net nanny on posts that...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 7th, 2009, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 40
Seychelles

wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
wrote:
snip
You're not a fisherman. Everyone knows it, so stop pretending. I don't
know what you're...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 7th, 2009, 12:02 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 40
Seychelles

wrote:
snip
You're not a fisherman. Everyone knows it, so stop pretending. I don't
know what you're even doing here.

That's Barnard, ever the ****in' putz.

--
Ken...