Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 5.94 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike[_6_]
Forum: Fly Fishing May 3rd, 2008, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Tactical leader rigs

On May 3, 3:43 am, JR wrote:
Mike wrote:
Setting up a team.

348 lines (I'm not kidding) snipped

Many things are possible with this set-up, and I will describe...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 3rd, 2008, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 84
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dual nymphs

On May 3, 3:29 am, Scott Seidman wrote:

Mike. I'm well aware that Germans mandate a maximum of 2" of depth
variation on their stream bottoms, but that's not the...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 3rd, 2008, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Tactical leader rigs

Setting up a team.

Setting up a team of flies for various conditions and circumstances is
not quite as easy as it might first appear, and the choices made by
really good anglers are by no means...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 3rd, 2008, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Tactical leader rigs

There are infinite ways and means to set up a leader. How one does it,
depends on how one wishes to fish, and with what!. There are very many
descriptions extant for various parts of a leader,...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 3rd, 2008, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 84
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dual nymphs

On May 3, 3:05 am, Dave LaCourse wrote:
On Fri, 2 May 2008 17:46:13 -0700 (PDT), Mike

wrote:
in water of
unknown depth, thus...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 3rd, 2008, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 84
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dual nymphs

On May 3, 2:25 am, Scott Seidman wrote:

When I meet someone who regularly snags fish while using two nymphs, I'll
ask him about it. Meantime, a 3-fly cast of wets...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 84
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dual nymphs

On May 3, 12:31 am, wrote:
On Fri, 2 May 2008 15:22:13 -0700 (PDT), Mike

wrote:
On May 3, 12:10 am, wrote:

Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 84
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dual nymphs

On May 3, 12:10 am, wrote:

I see lots of folks doing lots of stuff "all the time" that just ain't
right...and I don't do that stuff, either...

TC,
Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 84
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dual nymphs

On May 2, 10:49 pm, wrote:
On Fri, 2 May 2008 13:38:46 -0700 (PDT), Mike

wrote:
On May 2, 10:31 pm, wrote:

Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 84
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dual nymphs

False tosser to boot.
Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 84
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dual nymphs

On May 2, 10:31 pm, wrote:

Um, why would one false cast a nymph (or a nymph rig)?

Curious,

Since you are certainly the most persistent tosser present, why...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 84
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dual nymphs

On May 2, 9:56 pm, Scott Seidman wrote:
Mike wrote in news:89e09b57-d515-4811-80d2-
:

Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 84
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dual nymphs

On May 2, 9:45 pm, Scott Seidman wrote:

When you've got two flies separated by 24" or so, there's a greater
likelihood that at least one of them will be in the...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 84
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dual nymphs

On May 2, 9:13 pm, rw wrote:

A two-nymph rig is, I believe, more that twice as effective as a
one-nymph rig.

The reason is that when you miss a strike on...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 84
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dual nymphs

On May 2, 9:17 pm, redietz wrote:

I couldn't disagree with this more strongly. I've rigged 8 year old
kids up with dual rig nymphs and they don't tangle any more than
Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 84
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dual nymphs

On May 2, 8:11 pm, Scott Seidman wrote:

Disagree. Dual nymphs are an extremely effective way of essentially
doubling your chances of having a nymph in the fish's...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 84
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dual nymphs

On May 2, 7:05 pm, notbob wrote:

So, the question is, what's the best way to rig a dual nymph
offering. I have a BH pheasant and a Dunn's emerger. I also got a hotwire
Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 22
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dry and dropper question

On May 2, 7:05 pm, wrote:

Now go back to tossing flies,
Dickie

Sure, why not? You can just carry on tossing off.............

MC
Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 22
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dry and dropper question

On May 2, 4:58 pm, wrote:

It's not a new idea and there's a reason many folks who FF only have not
heard of it before...

Here's a hint - if it were such a fantastic...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 22
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dry and dropper question

If you want to lock the loop in position more firmly, then take one
side of the loop once or twice around the hook shank, before feeding
the loop over it.

If you get a big fish on the dry, this will...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Mike[_6_]
OT iTunes/ iPod

On May 2, 4:42 pm, "Larry L" wrote:
I guess I could just try it and find out, but you high tech types already
probably know.

I'm new to iPod use and am...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 22
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dry and dropper question

One final point which may be important here. A friend I met on the
water watched me using this rig, and was very enthusiastic about it. I
showed it to him,it really is very simple, takes longer to...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 22
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dry and dropper question

With regard to the twist in the loop. You can twist the loop before
you thread it through the eye, or after. If you do it before, it can
be difficult to pull the loop tight. It really does lock the...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 11:20 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 22
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dry and dropper question

With regard to "bumping" fish, when using the "New Zealand rig", this
is a lot worse when fishing for grayling, because of the way they rise
and take the fly. Indeed, I canīt remember hooking a...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 10:45 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 22
Posted By Mike[_6_]
Dry and dropper question

On May 2, 9:48 am, Jarmo Hurri wrote:
Greetings Mike, I was hoping that you'd be around to answer my
question. :-)

Is there a way to make a dry and dropper...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250