Showing results 1 to 25 of 77
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gandalf[_2_]
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing January 6th, 2008, 04:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 14
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Pike traces

Now I have done it I agree and I have had the strength of the crimps tested
as well just not a big fish yet. Soon will though.VBG

--
Gandalf

"John Fox" wrote in message...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing January 1st, 2008, 01:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 6
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Merry Christmas

Yep, Happy New Year to all

--
Gandalf

wrote in message
On Dec 25, 12:00 am, "Gandalf"...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing December 28th, 2007, 12:14 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 6
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Merry Christmas

Yeah, I can imagine the call now.

Hell, is that 999

Yes! what service do you need?

Not sure but I got this nice old guy in red, big white beard as well and
loads of presents on a sleigh pulled by...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing December 25th, 2007, 10:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 6
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Merry Christmas

Happy hunting Will, I can not get out till after the new year now but will
make up for it.

--
Gandalf

"Will Wilkinson" wrote in message...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing December 25th, 2007, 01:00 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 6
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Merry Christmas

Hi all,

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to one and all.

Had a shock when I took the grandkids to so Santa by the way, he turned out
to be one of the nicer guys who fish my local lake. So I can...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 30th, 2007, 01:55 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 8
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Well my traces were good

A fun day with 4 bream, largest was 4 lb plus. Which is not a lot really but
enough to keep me happy for a days fun fishing.

There was, what I think was, pike activity as I saw a few swirls as...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 28th, 2007, 10:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 8
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Well my traces were good

Cheers Derek,

Unfortunately the guys are not the old codgers at the lake but I am not sure
of their credentials never having seen them do the deed so to speak. They
talked the talk but you never...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 28th, 2007, 08:43 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 8
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Well my traces were good

Oddly enough I did that but did not have a deep diving one which was needed
so we went back to sink and draw using a smelt. In his defence it was only
his second time pike and lure fishing. He is...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 26th, 2007, 12:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 8
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Well my traces were good

"Beware lending your gear to a friend for their first attempt with lures."

I know what you mean but telling my son to sod off when I was supposed to be
teaching him would be a bit harsh and I did...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 25th, 2007, 09:55 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 8
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Well my traces were good

Remember we discussed making traces and I made some, well I had one tested
today. Not on a fish unfortunately buy on a snag and I managed to pull it
free but when I got it in the treble hook had...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 23rd, 2007, 12:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 16
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
A bit more advice on pike lure please

I see, though we do not have many jelly fish in the UK.(;-) I can see why it
would provoke a response from a pike though.

My son wanted a duel purpose carp rod but I managed to get one with a...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 23rd, 2007, 12:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 16
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
A bit more advice on pike lure please

I remember a picture of a pike found dead once and it had died because it
had tried to eat another pike that was just a little smaller. I wonder if it
still exists as that was years ago.

--...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 22nd, 2007, 01:12 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 16
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
A bit more advice on pike lure please

Many thanks for that Brownz.

These do work or they would not still be on the market but how do they work.
To daft old me they seem alien but I can see how they would look like a
small shoal of...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 21st, 2007, 01:45 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 16
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
A bit more advice on pike lure please

I can not wait to use the old ondex now, I have been looking at all night
and remembering. I stopped when I remembered it was damn near 40 years ago
though.VBG

Can not wait till Sunday now when...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 20th, 2007, 09:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 16
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
A bit more advice on pike lure please

Oh well I did take a look into the murky world of lures and have come to the
conclusion that there are loads of very odd items out there.

Gone are the days when I single jointed plug was as...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 15th, 2007, 12:11 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 2
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
a really stupid question

OK lads, now a real stupid question.

When you buy a new rod with a part, or whole, cork butt section do you
remove the plastic covering that is so nicely and tightly shrink wrapped on
it. I have...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 14th, 2007, 01:15 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 1
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Carp dancers

Never seen any freshwater fish do it that is not on a line. I have seen
large eels try to jump but only about the first foot or so of the body made
it out of the water. That was many years ago and...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 13th, 2007, 01:50 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 14
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Pike traces

Hi Derek,

Made my first trace tonight,needed magnifying glass to get the trace through
the crimps and did not realise how much force those damn things needed, mind
you I had to use long nose...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 12th, 2007, 12:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 14
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Pike traces

" One trace you can't buy is a weighted sink and draw special "

Good timing Derek, I was looking at that last night as looking at all the
lures and my past failures lure fishing I was thinking more...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 11th, 2007, 10:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 14
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Pike traces

Going to get the trace kits tomorrow as I am off for a days dedicated pike
fishing on Thursday. I think I will use a smelt or herring rather than bread
though.(;-) Basically I will be buying enough...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 11th, 2007, 03:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 14
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Pike traces

Hi Will,

Many thanks for the heads up on that. I did a search myself and found one
place that sells them mail order. Link below although I am sure you already
know of...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 11th, 2007, 12:36 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 14
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Pike traces

Hi Derek,

Been looking at it and will make my own I think. I had yet another trip and
a bag full of bream to 4.5 lbs but now I have the method down so well I can
do it almost every time it is...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 7th, 2007, 01:16 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 14
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Pike traces

Hi all

Anyone got any idea on making your own pike traces. It seems it is all out
there to buy but has anyone done it and can they let me know the basic costs
( I can not browse my local angling...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing October 29th, 2007, 09:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 8
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Death rigs

I only came across the term Death Rig in looking up loop rigs to put a name
to something I had used way back. I guess that in 20 years of actual fishing
over 40 years I have never actually lost any...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing October 28th, 2007, 10:57 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 8
Posted By Gandalf[_2_]
Death rigs

Many thanks for that, basically that is what I thought it was. I have always
cared for the fish I catch which is what it is all about I guess.

I liked the link and it seems awfully complex when it...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 77