Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.54 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Daniel-San[_3_]
Forum: Fly Fishing March 5th, 2010, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 32
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
OT Independent Book Store = dinosaur ???

On Mar 5, 1:29*pm, Larry L wrote:

Now, practically speaking, in an age of Kindles, Amazon etc etc ... I
guess it would be hard to come up with a poorer business...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 26th, 2010, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
Fly test questions

On Feb 23, 9:27*pm, Giles wrote:
On Feb 23, 7:27*pm, "

3. Are dry flies better than wet flies?

Morally? Yes.

Funniest thing I've read...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 4th, 2010, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
OT WinDoze virus program

On Feb 3, 7:52*pm, David LaCourse wrote:

Buy a Mac. *Your worries will be over.

Dave

I use a Mac all day at work.

Given the chance, I would smash it into a million...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 4th, 2010, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
OT WinDoze virus program

On Feb 3, 5:47*pm, Larry L wrote:

I'm going to try the AVG ( my kid uses and likes it ) * and agree that
the prevention is nearly as bad as the disease in the case...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 28th, 2010, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 44
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
Wi-Fi only ?

On Jan 28, 9:19*am, Giles wrote:
On Jan 27, 9:34*pm, Daniel-San wrote:

-Dan
(Plus, I like to vandalize books. Underlining, starring, etc. is...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 28th, 2010, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 44
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
Wi-Fi only ?

On Jan 27, 8:40*pm, "Mark Bowen" wrote:
"Daniel-San" wrote in message

Forum: Fly Fishing January 28th, 2010, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 44
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
Wi-Fi only ?

On Jan 27, 4:43*pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:

maybe I'm neither nerdy, nor dweebish enough, but explain why the **** I
would even wish to pay 5-600 bucks for that thing....
Forum: Fly Fishing January 9th, 2010, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
Hat info

On Jan 7, 3:53*pm, Jack wrote:
Several years ago someone on this group posted a recommendation about
a fishing hat called: " The Ultimate Fishing Hat" followed by the
Forum: Fly Fishing January 1st, 2010, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
New Year's Eve celebrations

On Dec 31, 11:13*pm, Giles wrote:

Tasted like home.

Sounds like a pretty good celebration.

-Dan

(Who's currently rocking the little guy back to sleep. Sure beats
watching...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 22nd, 2009, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
Solstice Greetings

On Dec 21, 11:19*am, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Solstice Greetings everyone !

The Solstice is the reason for the season. Best wishes
for a great holiday season to...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 24th, 2009, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
OT.....on books...

On Nov 23, 8:32*pm, Giles wrote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/17/AR200...

After reading the entire article one IS left with the...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 19th, 2009, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
OT.....on books...

On Nov 19, 9:58*am, Giles wrote:
On Nov 19, 9:27*am, Daniel-San wrote:

On Nov 18, 7:29*pm, Giles wrote:

oz, who...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 19th, 2009, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
OT.....on books...

On Nov 18, 7:29*pm, Giles wrote:

oz, who distinguishes between "truth" and "fact"

Not always distinguishable.

Positivists versus empiricists versus post-modernists...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 19th, 2009, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
OT.....on books...

On Nov 15, 8:31*pm, "John B" wrote:

"A Peoples History of American Empire" by Howard Zinn...when you read
something by Zinn you truly understand that history is...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 12th, 2009, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
More Grand Marais Pics

On Sep 11, 10:34*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ken_fortenberry/sets/72157622218681493/

Took a day trip yesterday into the backcountry up...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 10th, 2009, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
penny alcohol stove

On Sep 9, 10:59*am, rw wrote:
If you backpack into remote fishing territory you'll want a lightweight
stove. I made one of these:

* * *...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 5th, 2009, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 170
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
No fish

On Sep 5, 2:49*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Another set of pics from Grand Marais. No fish, just some snaps
from the morning walk.

Forum: Fly Fishing Tying August 20th, 2009, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 0
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
DDFS?

Is there interest in a late summer fly swap? I'm happy to run it if
enough folks want to participate.

-Dan
Forum: Fly Fishing August 18th, 2009, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
DDFS 2009 -- Last Call

One more (feeble) attempt to drum up interest in a fly swap. I'm happy
to run it if there's interest.

-Dan
Forum: Fly Fishing August 4th, 2009, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
DDFS Interest?

If there's any interest in a DDFS this year, I'll volunteer to run the
thing.

What say youze?

-Dan
(Home with the new boy, Andrew Charles, born 7/26 -- and of course the
cutest future fisherman the...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 17th, 2009, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 42
Posted By Daniel-San[_3_]
Rest in Peace

On Jul 17, 8:01*am, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
29 years ago, I held you in my arms for the first time. *Last weekend,
I walked you down the aisle and gave you to another man....
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21