FishingBanter

-   Fishing in Australia (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   port Phillip Bay (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=19598)

Peter October 17th, 2005 02:06 AM

port Phillip Bay

Went fishing sunday.
Plenty of fish on the sounder (or maybe jellyfish).
Especially in the mid to lower depths.
Ended fishing out towards the channel in about 12 m of water.
My son has a couple of runs but no hookups.
Finally a run (on the drift 1.8 nm per hour) and only 4 minutes later he was
in da boat 66cm and 3 Kg.
This is our first season on the snapper and our first fish of such a size.

Peter

Bennyb October 17th, 2005 09:56 AM

port Phillip Bay

Great work Peter!
Has the recent dredging affected the fishing at all?
Havent had a chance to get down to Port Phillip for a look.

http://www.fishinglinks.com.au