FishingBanter

-   UK Game Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Fly Fishing Rods (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=32407)

Dave Lane September 2nd, 2008 09:40 AM

Fly Fishing Rods

HI Charles,

fwiw, you should be able to get a decent rod under £100 - I'm still
using a Daiwa WF98 9'6" rod after umpteen years - and as for a reel,
I've never had a dragged type, just a cheapo Shakespeare. Line - I
guess that you may have to choose between buying a single expensive one,
or 2/3 less expensive types, to give you a choice when river or
reservoir fishing. Until recently, I had a Michael Evans Arrowhead
line, which was good at dealing with the windy conditions on the lakes
here in N. Wales, but I didn't find it so good on the small river, when
I would switch to a lighter, DT type. Personally, I'd rather have the
choice, instead of sinking all my dosh into one line.

hth, and good luck

Dave

Charles Turner wrote:
Hi Guys,

I go fly fishing here in the UK a few times a year, but I might now go a
bit more frequently, mainly reservoir / river. I'm thinking of getting
some new tackle and am just looking for a bit of advice.
snip