FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing Tying (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Peacock Herl (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=24799)

Guy January 15th, 2007 11:15 PM

Peacock Herl

Trying to locate some exceptional peacock herl with long barbules. Saw some
on display at the Southern Conclave several years ago but it was not for
sale. I have herl from Feather-Craft and Orvis (which are good) but
hopefully there is some higher quality stuff out there. Any help would be
appreciated!
Thanks,
Guy

Lumotar January 23rd, 2007 08:04 PM

Peacock Herl

"Guy" guytee2 at comcast dot net skrev i en meddelelse

Trying to locate some exceptional peacock herl with long barbules. Saw
some on display at the Southern Conclave several years ago but it was not
for sale. I have herl from Feather-Craft and Orvis (which are good) but
hopefully there is some higher quality stuff out there. Any help would be
appreciated!
Thanks,
Guy

Hi,

I can ask a friend, he has many different birds (he es big bird freak).

I know he has various Argus Pheasant, Owl, Peacock etc.

Any interest, if so, ill speak to him, ill try to mail some fotos to you.

Thomas

Tim J. January 24th, 2007 02:34 PM

Peacock Herl

Guy typed:
Trying to locate some exceptional peacock herl with long barbules.

Have you thought about using ostrich?
--
TL,
Tim

Opie January 24th, 2007 03:03 PM

Peacock Herl

"Tim J." wrote in message
Guy typed:
Trying to locate some exceptional peacock herl with long barbules.

Have you thought about using ostrich?
--
TL,
Tim

I have! Will you send me some?

Op

Tim J. January 25th, 2007 03:58 AM

Peacock Herl

Opie typed:
"Tim J." wrote in message
Guy typed:
Trying to locate some exceptional peacock herl with long barbules.

Have you thought about using ostrich?

I have! Will you send me some?

I only have whole ostrich, so I'll see if I have a big enough box.
--
TL,
Tim

Guy January 26th, 2007 12:01 AM

Peacock Herl

Thank you Thomas,
Please email some pics of the Peacock.
I can be contacted at 469.688.3556.
Guy

"Lumotar" wrote in message
k...

"Guy" guytee2 at comcast dot net skrev i en meddelelse

Trying to locate some exceptional peacock herl with long barbules. Saw
some on display at the Southern Conclave several years ago but it was not
for sale. I have herl from Feather-Craft and Orvis (which are good) but
hopefully there is some higher quality stuff out there. Any help would be
appreciated!
Thanks,
Guy

Hi,

I can ask a friend, he has many different birds (he es big bird freak).

I know he has various Argus Pheasant, Owl, Peacock etc.

Any interest, if so, ill speak to him, ill try to mail some fotos to you.

Thomas

Guy January 26th, 2007 12:04 AM

Peacock Herl

Thanks Tim,
I do have and have used ostrich in place of peacock. It is similar to the
effect I am after. Just wanted the color associated with peacock.
Thanks for the idea.
Guy

"Tim J." wrote in message
Guy typed:
Trying to locate some exceptional peacock herl with long barbules.

Have you thought about using ostrich?
--
TL,
Tim
-------------------------
http://css.sbcma.com/timj

Tim J. January 26th, 2007 02:27 PM

Peacock Herl

Guy typed:
"Tim J." wrote in message
Guy typed:
Trying to locate some exceptional peacock herl with long barbules.

Have you thought about using ostrich?

Thanks Tim,
I do have and have used ostrich in place of peacock. It is similar to
the effect I am after. Just wanted the color associated with peacock.
Thanks for the idea.

Gotcha. The qualities of the two feathers are vastly different. Here's
another thought, and one I've used for fly collars befo wrap one or two
peacock herls together with one ostrich herl. It gives the luster of the
peacock with the length of the ostrich.
--
TL,
Tim

Tina & Thomas January 27th, 2007 12:53 AM

Peacock Herl

Ill be visiting him in around 14days, cant you wait that long?

But I dont know long you need or want the barbules.

You dont need me to take pics of other feathers?

Thomas
Denmark

"Guy" guytee2 at comcast dot net skrev i en meddelelse
Thank you Thomas,
Please email some pics of the Peacock.
I can be contacted at 469.688.3556.
Guy

"Lumotar" wrote in message
k...

"Guy" guytee2 at comcast dot net skrev i en meddelelse

Trying to locate some exceptional peacock herl with long barbules. Saw
some on display at the Southern Conclave several years ago but it was
not for sale. I have herl from Feather-Craft and Orvis (which are good)
but hopefully there is some higher quality stuff out there. Any help
would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Guy

Hi,

I can ask a friend, he has many different birds (he es big bird freak).

I know he has various Argus Pheasant, Owl, Peacock etc.

Any interest, if so, ill speak to him, ill try to mail some fotos to you.

Thomas

rogermackk March 22nd, 2011 11:14 PM

The quality of the two feathers are very different. Here's another idea, one that I have spent a fly collar befo package together with one or two peacocks herls an ostrich herl. It makes a shiny peacock, ostrich length.