FishingBanter

-   UK Coarse Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Poundland fish pellets (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=26201)

Glenn Spray April 29th, 2007 10:48 PM

Poundland fish pellets

Hello all

has anyone tried fishing with these pellets availible at Poundland, £1 for
500grams? worth a try and if so if the pellets are about 4mm what hook size
would anyone reccommend ? .

Also how long should i leave them in the pellet pump before I start fishing
with them as I am struggling to get the pellet to stay on the hook

With a pellet band do you treat the pellet first or put it straight on the
hook to last longer in the water

thanks for any advice
Glenn

Glenn Spray May 1st, 2007 07:36 PM

Poundland fish pellets

Hi Rob,
thanks for your answer

what size hooks would you recommend usingfor the small pellets ? and also
for a 6mm pellet ?

all the best

Glenn
"Cųllap§ed Lūng" wrote in message
Glenn Spray after much deep thought made the following comment/s within
uk.rec.fishing.coarse :

Hello all

has anyone tried fishing with these pellets availible at Poundland,
£1 for
500grams? worth a try and if so if the pellets are about 4mm what
hook size would anyone reccommend ? .

ive used them as part of a ground-bait mix and in PVA bags and they havent
put the fish off.

Also how long should i leave them in the pellet pump before I start
fishing with them as I am struggling to get the pellet to stay on the
hook

A few mins works for me.

With a pellet band do you treat the pellet first or put it straight on
the hook to last longer in the water

i soak all pellets.

--
Rob