FishingBanter

-   UK Coarse Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Unwanted mailings from Environment Agency (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=35908)

Chris Mitchell May 1st, 2010 07:58 AM

Unwanted mailings from Environment Agency

I buy a rod licence because I am required by law to do so.

Why do I then receive Catch magazine? I didn't ask for this and could do
without it.

Given that this comes from the Environment Agency do they not consider the
environmental costs of producing and distributing unwanted mailings. I
appreciate that they try to keep the costs down with ads and inclusions,
however these also have an environmental impact.

Why can I not opt out of receiving these and get only what I am obliged to
apply for at a cost that reflects the savings made through not receiving
these unwanted mailings?

If others wish to continue to receive these associated mailings then they
should be able to opt in at a supplementary cost.

I look forward to the EA's response.

Chris Mitchell May 4th, 2010 01:59 PM

Unwanted mailings from Environment Agency

I don't see how this stops the EA sending me their own Catch magazine and
associated envelope fillers.

"Jon" wrote in message
om...
Chris Mitchell wrote...

I buy a rod licence because I am required by law to do so.

Why do I then receive Catch magazine? I didn't ask for this and could do
without it.

Given that this comes from the Environment Agency do they not consider
the
environmental costs of producing and distributing unwanted mailings. I
appreciate that they try to keep the costs down with ads and inclusions,
however these also have an environmental impact.

Why can I not opt out of receiving these and get only what I am obliged
apply for at a cost that reflects the savings made through not receiving
these unwanted mailings?

If others wish to continue to receive these associated mailings then they
should be able to opt in at a supplementary cost.

I look forward to the EA's response.

On-line application is says ...

The Environment Agency would like to pass your details to other
companies or organisations who can provide you with further information
about fishing or fishing related products and services. The Environment
Agency would also like to use your details to send you similar
information on behalf of other companies or organisations. If you would
like your details to be used for this purpose please tick the boxes
below.