FishingBanter

-   Fishing in Australia (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Squid Question (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=28750)

OldFella September 20th, 2007 08:00 AM

Squid Question

Hello everyone, is there anyone in the group that knows a good spot around
the Brisbane area to catch a feed of squid, my son bought me a squid jig a
good while ago and to date I haven't used it yet because I'm not real sure
of where the squid hang out, I think I remember seeing in a fishing show on
TV that squid hang around weedy areas, I'm situated not far from Jacob's
Well so I thought that may be the best place to start looking, I have a
little 10 foot flat bottom tinny with a 4.5 hp outboard also with a
hummingbird fish finder, if anyone can point me in the right direction I'll
be a happy chappie,

Regards,

OldFella

pete September 22nd, 2007 10:19 PM

Squid Question

Hi OldFella ,
Try of the jetty , run in ASR side , or just east of Dinner I

still fishin , pete
"OldFella" wrote in message
. ..
Hello everyone, is there anyone in the group that knows a good spot around
the Brisbane area to catch a feed of squid, my son bought me a squid jig a
good while ago and to date I haven't used it yet because I'm not real sure
of where the squid hang out, I think I remember seeing in a fishing show
on TV that squid hang around weedy areas, I'm situated not far from
Jacob's Well so I thought that may be the best place to start looking, I
have a little 10 foot flat bottom tinny with a 4.5 hp outboard also with a
hummingbird fish finder, if anyone can point me in the right direction
I'll be a happy chappie,

Regards,

OldFella

OldFella September 23rd, 2007 04:29 AM

Squid Question

Hello Pete, ok I'll give it a go, thanks for the info mate,

OldFella

"pete" wrote in message
Hi OldFella ,
Try of the jetty , run in ASR side , or just east of Dinner

still fishin , pete
. ..