FishingBanter

-   Saltwater Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Looking for Basic Cathead Winch (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=17227)

Les Stewart May 17th, 2005 04:55 PM

Looking for Basic Cathead Winch

I am looking for a basic cathead winch in the 2500 pound range... at least
that is what I think I am looking for. It will be a birthday present for a
friend with a 40 ft sportfisher. I have heard him say he needs one for
pulling up anchor. Is this the correct size and type?

Any idea where to look on the net. A google search was not very helpful.

THANKS!
--
Les Stewart
Beaumont, TX

Sarge May 17th, 2005 08:08 PM

"Les Stewart" wrote in message: "I am looking for a basic cathead winch in
the 2500 pound range... at least that is what I think I am looking for. It
will be a birthday present for a friend with a 40 ft sportfisher. I have
heard him say he needs one for pulling up anchor. Is this the correct size
and type?"

That is a big winch. Must be a large boat. Try here
http://www.coastalmarineequipment.co...Equipment.html

Sarge