I'm Back :)

Old October 22nd, 2005, 06:45 PM
Richard Cook

Default I'm Back :)

Hi all,
I used to post on here probably about 3 years ago, in the days when people
such as George Gherke, Mike Connor, Ken Fortenberry and Wolfgang (and others
obviously!) used to post.

I left and went to New Zealand for a year and since I returned to the UK I
have not had access to these newsgroups.

Since, I have spoken to Mike Connor on a fishing forum (hope the move went
well Mike).

I'm looking forward to posting again.

Regards,

Chris Cook

Old October 22nd, 2005, 06:57 PM
Wolfgang

"Richard Cook" wrote in message
Hi all,
I used to post on here probably about 3 years ago, in the days when people
such as George Gherke, Mike Connor, Ken Fortenberry and Wolfgang (and
others
obviously!) used to post.

I left and went to New Zealand for a year and since I returned to the UK I
have not had access to these newsgroups.

Since, I have spoken to Mike Connor on a fishing forum (hope the move went
well Mike).

I'm looking forward to posting again.

Regards,

Chris Cook

Welcome back. With Mike's recent return, all of us except George are still
posting. George won't be back.

Wolfgang
who would bet a shiny new nickel on it.

Old October 22nd, 2005, 06:58 PM
Richard Cook

Thanks for the welcome Wolfgang,
I heard about George's death - I know he had a few enemies on here and no
doubt other places but it is always sad to see a contributor passing away.

He never did send me that free GG goody pack though!

Cheers,

Chris

Old October 22nd, 2005, 07:16 PM
GaryM

"Richard Cook" wrote in news:j5v6f.9874
:

Cheers,

Chris

So is it Chris or Richard?
Old October 22nd, 2005, 07:21 PM
Ralph Heidecke

I got promised one of those as well ... I guess George just kept to busy to
fulfill every little committment. In the years I potsed here as "RalphH" I
received many emails from George that were filled with entertaining fishing
stories - none of that BS and huckersterism most hated - just good stories.
It's a shame those are all gone.

Old October 22nd, 2005, 07:23 PM
Richard Cook

It's Chris - I used to have this problem even when I used to post!
I can't work out how to change the display name on the messages I'm sending
(don't ask!).
I'll have a wee play around tonight and try and fix it once and for all!

Cheers,

Chris

74.103...

Old October 22nd, 2005, 08:35 PM
Mike Connor

"Richard Cook" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi all,
I used to post on here probably about 3 years ago, in the days when people
such as George Gherke, Mike Connor, Ken Fortenberry and Wolfgang (and
others
obviously!) used to post.

I left and went to New Zealand for a year and since I returned to the UK I
have not had access to these newsgroups.

Since, I have spoken to Mike Connor on a fishing forum (hope the move went
well Mike).

I'm looking forward to posting again.

Regards,

Chris Cook

Hi Chris,
welcome back. I have been posting here for a little while now as well.
Since I got a flat rate DSL connection it is a lot easier and cheaper!

I did not move to Ireland. Proved impractical. Still in Germany.

TL
MC

Old October 23rd, 2005, 02:40 PM
Chris Cook

Hi John,
thanks for the tip - easy when you know how!
Hopefully that is sorted now!

Cheers,

Chris

"asadi" wrote in message
.. .
tools-accounts. news tab-properties..

john

"Richard Cook" wrote in message
It's Chris - I used to have this problem even when I used to post!
I can't work out how to change the display name on the messages I'm
sending
(don't ask!).
I'll have a wee play around tonight and try and fix it once and for all!

Cheers,

Chris

74.103...