Americana's clients catch fish!

Old May 20th, 2006, 03:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing

Default Americana's clients catch fish!

Don't wait for spring! Book your 2007 fishing trips with Americana
Sportfishing

It's been a while since I've posted, but Americana Sportfishing
hasn't been idle. We've put lots of boats in the water lately, and
the anglers we've booked have been catching fish.

By the way, let me start singing my usual song: to get Costa Rica's
top captains and boats for the 2007 sail season in the Central Pacific
(January, February and March out of Los Sueños or Quepos) book now
with Americana Sportfishing - www.americanasportfishing.com -
before it's too late. Call me at one of our convenient toll-free
numbers - 1-800-634-0012, 1-866-888-6425 or 1-866-978-5199 - or
e-mail me. The best captains' calendars are filling up as I write
this.

Back to fishing and reports directly from our clients. Michael Anderson
wrote us: "My nephew and I really enjoyed our trip to Costa Rica this
March. There was a lot of activity each of the three days we fished (on
the 23-foot High Tec out of Quepos). Our best day included 11 sailfish
shots. However, the most exciting day had to be when a 500lb black
marlin come up and whacked both our teasers and sniffed our trolled
bait. Unfortunately we did not hook up, but the thrill of seeing the
marlin 15 feet behind the boat was most memorable.

"Also, the 50lb dolphin on Day two was a pleasant surprise. It was
later prepared five different ways at a local restaurant...delicious.
Our captain and mate were very helpful. Obviously, we had a great
time."

"We had a great trip highlighted with catching a black marlin
estimated between 250 and 300 lbs.", writes Richard Schrag. "We
also caught a sail and five dorado. It took six of us to fight the
marlin as it hit a reel with 30lb test and after three hours we cut it
loose at the leader on the fifth time it was at the boat. Daniel
(Espinoza of the 42-foot Spanish Fly out of Los Sueños Marina on the
Central Pacific) and his crew worked very hard for us and made the trip
very pleasurable."

Bill Bonnell writes: "As always the (31-foot) Tiger Shark out of
Quepos was the boat to be on. She averaged 4-5 sails per day over the
three days along with a couple of dorado each day. Captain Oscar
(Corrales) and (mate) Najib are a great team and were a pleasure to
fish with."

This just came in from Don Austin - can't leave it out: "Fishing
was great. I went out (of Drake Bay on board the Tenacity, with
Captain Diedy Chavarria and mate Cristian Solano... About 45 minutes
out I caught an 80 lb yellowtail, a bit later I hooked a 60 lb dorado.
We continued to catch smaller tuna and dorado (it fed the visitors at
Aguila for that evening).

"Then I was fortunate enough to hook a 600lb black marlin! After an
hour and a half we got it alongside the boat, where we promptly
released it. What a thrill. I was exhausted but wanted to try for one
more before we headed in. I hooked another black marlin which my guides
said was in the 300 lb range. It threw the hook in a spectacular jump
40 yards behind the boat. The entire group was a pleasure to fish with
and after the busy day of fishing we celebrated with a few brews on the
way back in."

One last word from our anglers. Dave Fahmie writes: "My son Matt and
I really enjoyed our trip with Captain Bill Gannon and mate Dempsey (on
the 33-foot Unique out of Quepos in February). We had 27 hookups with
sails (during three full days). A dorado and an amber jack were landed.
Thanks!"

When you arrange charters and complete fishing vacations with Americana
Sportfishing - www.americanasportfishing.com - expect lots of great
fishing moments. But don't leave it too late. We pride ourselves in
booking only Costa Rica's top captains and boats, and they don't
have many open days, especially in the high season. So to ensure
fishing with the best at the time you want, book now. Call me at one of
our toll-frees - 1-800-634-0012, 1-866-888-6425 or 1-866-978-5199 -
or e-mail me as soon as you can. We'll always point you in the right
direction.