Lake Cumberland

Old January 22nd, 2007, 11:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Sees-koo-wee-hah-nay

Default Lake Cumberland

On the off chance you haven't already heard...

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/16519076.htm

Old January 23rd, 2007, 01:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Carlos

Sees-koo-wee-hah-nay wrote:
On the off chance you haven't already heard...

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/16519076.htm

If it's lowered for 7 to 8 seasons. Then raised back up. Imagine all
that new brush that will be underwater. And the potential for helping
fishing several years beyond. They could have some really great fishing
down the road.

Carlos
Old January 23rd, 2007, 03:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

Imagine how many more fishing lures that Joe H. could add to his tackle box!

Old January 24th, 2007, 04:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joe Haubenreich

Just seems like the same number of fish in a slightly smaller body of water.
I doubt it will affect fishing at all. It's the changing water levels that
play hob with the spawn, and if they just drop the lake to winter pool and
leave it there (releasing storm run-off as it enters the lake instead of
retaining it as before), then bass populations will boom. Plus, as has been
pointed out, seven years of vegetation and brush growth along the shores
will make for some great fishing when they finally raise the lake level
again.

I do predict a decrease in lures hung up in trees, however.

Joe
---------------
. ..

Old January 24th, 2007, 12:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Joe Haubenreich wrote:
Just seems like the same number of fish in a slightly smaller body of water.
I doubt it will affect fishing at all. It's the changing water levels that
play hob with the spawn, and if they just drop the lake to winter pool and
leave it there (releasing storm run-off as it enters the lake instead of
retaining it as before), then bass populations will boom. Plus, as has been
pointed out, seven years of vegetation and brush growth along the shores
will make for some great fishing when they finally raise the lake level
again.

I do predict a decrease in lures hung up in trees, however.

Walk the banks after they drop the level,, you can easily fill a couple
of tackle boxes with lures that others lost, Just for the price of some
new hooks. When we were kids we did this when they dropped Smith lake in
N. Alabama, we would check out all the brush, stumps and snags.
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Old January 24th, 2007, 02:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

You don't know who you are talking to here... do you Rodney. Joe H is the
KING of finding lost lures!
The book is due out next May.

Old January 24th, 2007, 02:29 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Charles Summers wrote:
You don't know who you are talking to here... do you Rodney. Joe H is the
KING of finding lost lures!
The book is due out next May.

Charles do you plan on attending any boat shows in your neck of the
woods next month ?

Old January 24th, 2007, 03:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

Probably not... I think most of them have already come and gone. The next
one is http://www.exposouth.com/event_details.php?id=9 in February, but
they're mainly larger boats. It's a fun show... but out of my price range.

Old January 25th, 2007, 12:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joe Haubenreich

Rodney, I'll see you at the Classic, so if you want me to pass something
along to Charles, I can do that personally.

Old January 25th, 2007, 01:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Joe Haubenreich wrote:
Rodney, I'll see you at the Classic, so if you want me to pass something
along to Charles, I can do that personally.

We can do that,, I as hoping to get to see him at the Nashville Boat
show first