Glad to see this ... politics but NOT OT

Old March 9th, 2011, 11:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default Glad to see this ... politics but NOT OT

On Mar 9, 4:15*pm, Giles wrote:

Now, would someone who understands English like to tell me what my
incentive for following stevie's excellent instructions is?

Normal people don't need an incentive to avoid acting like a clueless,
obnoxious asshole.
Old March 10th, 2011, 12:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Mar 9, 5:31*pm, " wrote:
On Mar 9, 4:15*pm, Giles wrote:

Now, would someone who understands English like to tell me what my
incentive for following stevie's excellent instructions is?

Normal people don't need an incentive to avoid acting like a clueless,
obnoxious asshole.

Normal people are not of much interest to me in the present context.
They are not in evidence here. You and larry are. That said, I am
really not interested in what makes you behave like clueless
assholes. After all, occam's razor suggests that it's because you are
clueless assholes. What interests me at the moment is an incentive to
follow up on a pointer to yet another screed on how not to get along
with ANYONE encountered ANYWHERE in the world under ANY circumstances.

Or does the link provided lead to something else entirely?

What's my incentive to pursue the matter?

g.
really, the question.....and the solution.....are as simple as they
appear.
Old March 10th, 2011, 05:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

Default Montana fishermen rally to oppose Legislature's stream accessgive aways.

Rightwing legislative action to privatize access to public waters in
Montana (and similar attacks in Utah) are meeting resistance from shut
out sportsmen. Newsworthy stuff.
Old March 10th, 2011, 09:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Mar 10, 11:31*am, DaveS wrote:
Rightwing legislative action to privatize access to public waters in
Montana (and similar attacks in Utah) are meeting resistance from shut
out sportsmen. Newsworthy stuff.
Dave

So, who's going to win?

Mixed reactions on the lunacy here on the home front. No way to
predict the ultimate outcome of this mess.

giles
but one thing is for sure......it AIN'T done being loud.....and it's
almost certain to get a LOT uglier.
Old March 11th, 2011, 01:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 09:31:03 -0800 (PST), DaveS
wrote:

Rightwing legislative action to privatize access to public waters in
Montana (and similar attacks in Utah) are meeting resistance from shut
out sportsmen. Newsworthy stuff.
Dave

fyi

Thank you!
Montana Trout Unlimited appreciates your support.
All we can say is, Wow! What a turnout at the Rally for Stream Access
and the committee hearing for HB309 on Tuesday. The strength of
Montana TU's grassroots members was felt, not only by the Senate Ag
Committee, but throughout the halls of the Capitol! It was great to
see so many anglers, young and old, from near and far letting it be
known that Montana's stream access law is not to be messed with.

A huge thanks to our volunteers and partner organizations in Missoula,
Butte, Billings, Livingston and Bozeman who organized and paid for
buses to get people to Helena. Three full motor coaches arrived at
the Capitol with folks willing to speak to the importance of stream
access in Montana. In addition, dedicated anglers from Kalispell,
Twin Bridges, Lewistown, Great Falls...literally all corners of
Montana, organized carpools and got themselves to Helena for this
important event. The official tally was 340 opponents vs. 18
proponents (many of which were paid lobbyists). Some estimate the
total crowd close to 500 people! It truly was a great day to be a
member of Montana Trout Unlimited.

We would also like to thank all of you who took the time to write a
letter, send an email or call your Senator and let them know that you
oppose this bill.

We are confident that this showing will affect the vote on HB309!

WE'RE NOT DONE YET! As we await the committee vote on HB309, some
members of the Montana Legislature continue their attacks on Future
Fisheries funding and the Montana Environmental Policy Act along with
efforts to reverse the ban on cyanide heap-leach mining. Much work
remains and we hope you will stay tuned in and help us defeat
legislation that would seriously jeopardize the quality of trout
habitat in Montana.

Get informed. Stay involved! For more about issues affecting trout
and their watersheds log on to www.montanatu.org. Also, check out
Montana Trout Unlimited on facebook or twitter @MontanaTU.

Again, thanks for your past, present and future support. Keep up the
GREAT work!

Montana Trout Unlimited