The Future of Fly Fishing in America ?

Old November 27th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Charlie Choc

Default The Future of Fly Fishing in America ?

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 10:55:32 -0800, JR wrote:

Many states, where access based on public ownership of the streambed had
been long established by tradition/custom or a collection of state rulings
over the years, are in the process of being forced to review what is
considered navigable.

Georgia is fairly specific as to what is navigable. Here's the statute:
http://www.lawskills.com/code/ga/44/8/5/ AFAIK, none of the trout waters in GA
meet this criteria.
--
Charlie...
http://66.156.89.242 - photos
Old November 27th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Thomas Littleton

wrote in message
Well, of course they're elitist jerks - they're morons, too. Anyone who
spends 75,000USD up front for the further duty to pay 5000.00 more to
pay to stay in a cabin and pay someone to cook ONLY for them when they
could fish nearby for the same fish free and pay 50.00 or less a day in
lodging and 25.00 or less for food is not only an elitist, but a stupid
one, too...

TC,

......Kinda the way I saw it, as well.....folks with more cash than brains.
It is kind of sad that some folks are trapped in lives to the point where
the only way into the woods is by paying someone beaucoup bucks to show them
the way.
Tom

Old November 27th, 2004, 07:32 PM
rw

Jonathan Cook wrote:
Willi & Sue wrote:

Bush does support privatization of public lands and managing them in

Where did you learn that?

Seriously.

This issue came up on ROFF during the 2000 election, and it was
shown to be wrong then. You might be right, but I'd sure like to
see a citation.

Jon.

In 1999 the Cato Institute released a report (Cato Policy Analysis No.
363 December 9, 1999) titled "How and Why to Privatize Federal Lands."
The report recommended the complete privatization of all public lands in
America -- all National Forests, all National Parks, all military lands,
everything.

The principle author of the report, Terry L. Anderson, was hired by then
Presidential candidate George W. Bush to serve as his public lands
policy advisor.

Old November 27th, 2004, 07:43 PM
JR

http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa363.pdf
Old November 27th, 2004, 08:40 PM
rw

Dave LaCourse wrote:

Hmmm. I can't remember buying something to impress anyone except me. Oh,
you're speaking of my car. Well, it is as much of an investment as anything
else. It will hold its value compared to other autos, and I will enjoy it
while I still can. So far, no tickets, but I did have to use two "get out of
jail free" cards. Gotta love those Mass and Vermont State Troopers.

I have absolutely no idea what kind of car you drive. Why should I?
Furthermore, I couldn't care less.

I'm sure it must be very impressive, though, and I hope you get a great
deal of pleasure from it.

If you're interested, I drive a 2000 F150 with over 110,000 miles on it,
and instead of buying a new truck (I could really use an F250, but the
beefed-up F150 will do), I've decided to drive it into the ground. It's
been a wonderfully reliable vehicle. Now that it's scratched up enough
that I don't have to worry about the cosmetics, I feel truly liberated.
I do, however, keep it in the best mechanical condition possible.

My wife (without my knowledge) recently bought my daughter a beautifully
restored '66 289 Mustang sedan for her 18th birthday. I would never have
approved that purchase, but I have to say I very much enjoy driving it.
It's a trip down Nostalgia Lane. Cool cars are important to teenagers.
Now I have to get disc brakes and 3-point safety harnesses installed.

I completely agree with you about the importance of becoming debt free.
Young people just starting out usually have to take on mortgages for
home ownership, but they should strive to get rid of them as soon as
possible. Interest payments are a complete waste of money, IMO, unless
they're designed to finance good investments. Usurious credit card debt
for flashy consumer goods is the worst.

Old November 27th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Dave LaCourse

rw writes:

I have absolutely no idea what kind of car you drive. Why should I?
Furthermore, I couldn't care less.

And? It doesn't matter.....
If I have a vice besides fly fishing, it is automobiles. It always has been
and hopefully it will continue. It gives my children ideas for birthday and
Christmas gifts. Last year it was 30 laps in a Ford NASCAR. This year it will
be the Audi Driving Experience and Panoz Racing School at Road Atlanta in
March. Four days of absolute bliss

I'm sure it must be very impressive, though, and I hope you get a great
deal of pleasure from it.

It is. Only 850 were imported. At 450 bhp, he screams to 60 in about 4.5
secs. If I don't fool around with it, it gets pretty good gas mileage.

If you're interested, I drive a 2000 F150 with over 110,000 miles on it,
and instead of buying a new truck (I could really use an F250, but the
beefed-up F150 will do), I've decided to drive it into the ground. It's
been a wonderfully reliable vehicle. Now that it's scratched up enough
that I don't have to worry about the cosmetics, I feel truly liberated.
I do, however, keep it in the best mechanical condition possible.

Great truck. Sorta like Joanne's Land Cruiser. It has 120K miles on it and is
still going strong. New brakes, shocks, tires, and regular maintenance ensures
a highly reliable vehicle, especially in the snow and with winter temps.

My wife (without my knowledge) recently bought my daughter a beautifully
restored '66 289 Mustang sedan for her 18th birthday. I would never have
approved that purchase, but I have to say I very much enjoy driving it.
It's a trip down Nostalgia Lane. Cool cars are important to teenagers.
Now I have to get disc brakes and 3-point safety harnesses installed.

I completely agree with you about the importance of becoming debt free.
Young people just starting out usually have to take on mortgages for
home ownership, but they should strive to get rid of them as soon as
possible. Interest payments are a complete waste of money, IMO, unless
they're designed to finance good investments. Usurious credit card debt
for flashy consumer goods is the worst.

We buy everything from food to vacations on credit cards, but pay them off in
30 days or less.

See, Steve, we do have lots in common. d;o)

Old November 27th, 2004, 09:24 PM
rw

Dave LaCourse wrote:

We buy everything from food to vacations on credit cards, but pay them off in
30 days or less.

Me, too. Then I get the airfare miles, which lowers the cost of my
fishing trips. Not to mention the float. It's a great deal, and I don't
understand why everyone doesn't do it. The way I look at it, the suckers
who are paying credit-card interest are subsidizing my vacation travel.

Old November 27th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Ken Fortenberry

rw wrote:
Dave LaCourse wrote:
We buy everything from food to vacations on credit cards,...

Me, too. Then I get the airfare miles, ...

This has to be the most pathetic ****ing contest I have ever
seen on roff. And I've seen a few.

Two pompous pricks pontificating about their money and then
trying to "out humble" each other.

Why don't you two get a room, or at least take it to email.

--
Ken Fortenberry