flyfishing travel agents

Old January 15th, 2011, 06:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Default flyfishing travel agents

for those who use travel agents to arrange or recommend flyfishing
destinations and packages...these folks are among the best around -
freshwater and sal****er.

http://www.flywatertravel.com/

jeff
Old January 15th, 2011, 07:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2011-01-15 13:23:30 -0500, jeff said:

for those who use travel agents to arrange or recommend flyfishing
destinations and packages...these folks are among the best around -
freshwater and sal****er.

http://www.flywatertravel.com/

jeff

Hi, Jeff. This surprises me. I always thought of you as a diy type
guy. Where did you go using these folks? Their BC destinations are
intriquing.

Old January 15th, 2011, 11:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

On 2011-01-15 13:23:30 -0500, jeff said:

for those who use travel agents to arrange or recommend flyfishing
destinations and packages...these folks are among the best around -
freshwater and sal****er.

http://www.flywatertravel.com/

jeff

Hi, Jeff. This surprises me. I always thought of you as a diy type guy.
Where did you go using these folks? Their BC destinations are intriquing.

Dave

haven't used them...but, a greenville girl went to work for them and i
get a neat catalogue every year. the catalogue of trips is 1st class.
their trips are a bit pricey for my taste...but, they will give the
straight story on fishing destinations and try their best to make it a
decent trip. they are fishers who developed a travel business...been
doing it for 12 years now...and they focus on interesting fishing
locales. i think i (and others) can probably do the same areas (not
same lodges, etc.) at a better price, but for those who like travel
agents and can pay, i think it's a decent service. the last minute
discount deals are worth a look...

good to hear you are up and about, and heading south.

jeff
Old January 17th, 2011, 08:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On 2011-01-15 13:23:30 -0500, jeff said:

[...]

jeff- Hide quoted text -

We are doing a 5-6 day trip fishing Alberta rivers thru "Road Scholar/
Elder Hostel" this Summer. Less than 1 k, 6 people, 2 guides, all
inclusive. Friend did it last year and is doing it again. My Mother
did lots of painting trips w/ Elder Hostel, US and Europe and highly
recommended them.

Other advise:
If you have public school teacher friends find out who they use.
Retired teachers know how to travel comfortable/cheap and are good low-
maintenance travel companions, generally.

If you have a military connection, find out about local base "Rec.
Programs." The military has an amazing array of its own low profile
resorts etc. Seriously, I know of one with seaside cabins, another
nestled in a tropical volcano park, another in an arty Mexican hill
town etc etc. apparently accessible to retirees and DOD employees. If
you earned it, use it.

And for the aging hippy . . . taking the Alaska ferry up with a
backpack, without a car, and with a taste for modest hotels, hopping
on and off thru the inside passage and SE Alaska, has got to be one of
the last great travel bargains. Yes, seniors can easily do it, med
care is never that far off, etc. We did it in our late 50s and ran
into healthy folks in their 70s and 80s doing it. LOTs better than
those tour ships, which are better saved for when your legs give out.

Old January 19th, 2011, 12:49 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

On 1/17/2011 3:25 PM, DaveS wrote:
-

[...]

good stuff dave. thanks.