Telephoning Fish is Small farm pond.

Old May 22nd, 2007, 04:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
[email protected]

Default Telephoning Fish is Small farm pond.

Hello, I have a question regarding telephoning fish/electrofishing. I
have a small, 2 acre farm pond that I want to survey the sizes of the
bream and bass populations in. I understand that electrofishing stuns
fish by pulses of current, but I don't know what type of phone is
needed.

I've been told a 70s vintage rotary phone will work, but also told a
40s era crank phone is required. An army field phone as also been
mentioned. Can someone please help me understand what type of phone
is needed to get the pulsed current I need for electrofishing.

Thanks.

Old May 22nd, 2007, 06:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Calif Bill

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello, I have a question regarding telephoning fish/electrofishing. I
have a small, 2 acre farm pond that I want to survey the sizes of the
bream and bass populations in. I understand that electrofishing stuns
fish by pulses of current, but I don't know what type of phone is
needed.

I've been told a 70s vintage rotary phone will work, but also told a
40s era crank phone is required. An army field phone as also been
mentioned. Can someone please help me understand what type of phone
is needed to get the pulsed current I need for electrofishing.

Thanks.
Dave

If you are this ignorant about electricity, hire a fisheries scientist to do
the survey. Cheaper than a funeral.

Old May 23rd, 2007, 01:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
[email protected]

Hey Cali Bill. I'm only a mechanical engineer, so this invisible
electricity stuff is like voodoo science to me. But that seems beside
the point.....my question (and obvious ignorance) is in regards to how
old telephones work.

I'm guessing you're a douche because you don't have an answer to my
question?

Old June 3rd, 2007, 09:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Calif Bill

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey Cali Bill. I'm only a mechanical engineer, so this invisible
electricity stuff is like voodoo science to me. But that seems beside
the point.....my question (and obvious ignorance) is in regards to how
old telephones work.

I'm guessing you're a douche because you don't have an answer to my
question?

If you are this ignorant about electricity, hire a fisheries scientist to
do
the survey. Cheaper than a funeral.

Well you appear to be the douche. If you know so little about electricity
and you want to put out enough current and voltage to shock fish, is also
enough to do damage to you, hire an expert. Maybe you should have taken a
course in electricity in your college years.