The Future of Fly Fishing in America ?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 28th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Guyz-N-Flyz

Default The Future of Fly Fishing in America ?

"rw" wrote in message
ink.net...
JR wrote:

You understand that there are significant (and growing) numbers of people
in the U.S.--even working people--who have no job-related health insurance
or other benefits, and who have nothing left to buy insurance with or to
save after paying for essentials (food, housing, utilities and clothing)?

The poor and the close-to-poor will always be with us. When they stop voting against
their economic interests, stop voting from fear of gay marriage, stop voting against
the teaching of evolution in schools and the separation of church and state, stop
voting against freedom of choice wrt abortion, stop voting against against
enlightened drug policies, stop voting for privatization of Social Security, stop
voting for ruinous foreign adventures, for handouts to wealthy private and corporate
interests (including the so-called health-care and pharmaceutical industries), etc.,
etc., their plight will only grow worse.

I am that so-called "close to poor", and I didn't vote against my economic interest, I
believe that gays should have the exact same rights as any other American, I believe
science should be taught in public schools and religion at home and in the churches, I
believe in a woman's right to choose without question, I think the war on drugs is a
joke, I accept the existing safety net for retirement (if the *******s would repay all
they have stolen from the system), I don't support offensive wars--unless we are
attacked, I do not believe that coporations and industry are what the Framers referred
to when they wrote "...or the right of the PEOPLE* to peacably assemble, and to
pettition the Goverenment for a redress of grievances" (First Amendment...* Emphasis
mine).

DON'T BLAME THIS **** ON US POOR FOLKS!

Running up high-interest credit card debt is NOT the answer to their problems.

The credit card companies have only themselves to blame--if bankruptcy is good enough
for Enron and hundreds of other multi-billion dollar corporations, it's good enough
for me!

Mark