Jersey update

Old August 4th, 2008, 03:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

Default Jersey update

apparently, Dennis the Dickhead feels that he has every right to appropriate
our content for his website, without permission, and to claim copyright for
his subsequent use.
He emphasized that again, this morning, on his site.

Sadly, the suggestion to go to 'cease and desists' would seem to be the only
recourse. I have made a couple inquiries this morning, and had to meet with
family lawyers this week anyway(sucks for Denny that I am on vacation, with
loads of free time this week). What sort of stinks is that the end result
might be a closure of the NJFlyfishing website, which seems to have a goodly
number of decent folks using it in a responsible fashion. It is a shame that
they cannot seem to prevail on their administration to see common sense.
Tom

Old August 4th, 2008, 03:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

"Tom Littleton" wrote in

apparently, Dennis the Dickhead feels that he has every right to
appropriate our content for his website, without permission, and to
claim copyright for his subsequent use.
He emphasized that again, this morning, on his site.

Sadly, the suggestion to go to 'cease and desists' would seem to be
the only recourse. I have made a couple inquiries this morning, and
had to meet with family lawyers this week anyway(sucks for Denny that
I am on vacation, with loads of free time this week). What sort of
stinks is that the end result might be a closure of the NJFlyfishing
website, which seems to have a goodly number of decent folks using it
in a responsible fashion. It is a shame that they cannot seem to
prevail on their administration to see common sense.
Tom

Is this the same guy who was doing this some years back??

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old August 4th, 2008, 04:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Scott Seidman wrote:
"Tom Littleton" wrote:
apparently, Dennis the Dickhead feels that he has every right to
appropriate our content for his website, without permission, and to
claim copyright for his subsequent use.
He emphasized that again, this morning, on his site.

Sadly, the suggestion to go to 'cease and desists' would seem to be
the only recourse. I have made a couple inquiries this morning, and
had to meet with family lawyers this week anyway(sucks for Denny that
I am on vacation, with loads of free time this week). What sort of
stinks is that the end result might be a closure of the NJFlyfishing
website, which seems to have a goodly number of decent folks using it
in a responsible fashion. It is a shame that they cannot seem to
prevail on their administration to see common sense.

Is this the same guy who was doing this some years back??

Yep, same guy. He was just as rude and belligerent the last time
this came up.

Anybody know how much a discrete, little denial of service attack
launched from Taiwan costs ? Maybe we could all chip in. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old August 4th, 2008, 04:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

Ken Fortenberry wrote in
:

Anybody know how much a discrete, little denial of service attack
launched from Taiwan costs ? Maybe we could all chip in. ;-)

Maybe he can just cut us checks for the increased ad revenue claiming our
traffic gets him. Perhaps if we all modify our .sigs to reflect jsut how
much of a jerk this guy is, he'll cut us off.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old August 4th, 2008, 04:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

"Tom Littleton" wrote in

apparently, Dennis the Dickhead feels that he has every right to
appropriate our content for his website, without permission, and to
claim copyright for his subsequent use.
He emphasized that again, this morning, on his site.

Sadly, the suggestion to go to 'cease and desists' would seem to be
the only recourse. I have made a couple inquiries this morning, and
had to meet with family lawyers this week anyway(sucks for Denny that
I am on vacation, with loads of free time this week). What sort of
stinks is that the end result might be a closure of the NJFlyfishing
website, which seems to have a goodly number of decent folks using it
in a responsible fashion. It is a shame that they cannot seem to
prevail on their administration to see common sense.
Tom

Looks like he's claiming all the Catskill Fly Tyers Guild stuff, and a
whole bunch of paflyfish stuff and Delaware River stuff as his own content
as well. This guy understands zip about web linking etiquette.

Clearly, he just wants to fill some content to sell ads, and solicit
"contributions" to run his clearinghouse of everybody else's content. I
wish I could find a way to generate money off of everybody's mouse clicks.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old August 4th, 2008, 05:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Scott Seidman wrote:
[...]

Well, if he keeps his word posting to roff and rofft from NEFF
will remain disabled. That was the biggest issue to my mind.
Those poor schmucks didn't know they were posting to Usenet and
some of them were appalled when they found out they had done so.

Yeah, it's sleazy as hell to misrepresent the Usenet newsgroup
roff as the NEFF - Global Fly Fishing Forum but I don't think it's
actionable. Dennis Cabarle is clearly a scumbag but sadly there
is ofttimes no legal recourse against scumbags.

My posts don't show up over there, he put me in a killfile along
with Tom Littleton, and their posts don't show up here. It made
for a fun weekend but I'm going to declare victory and go take
a shower after wrestling with a scumbag.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old August 5th, 2008, 02:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

"Ken Fortenberry"

wish I could find a way to generate money off of everybody's mouse
clicks.

You'd be rich....'cause I click my mouse a lot..and flick and hold it tell
it I lo-...never mind....

John

Old August 4th, 2008, 05:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

On Aug 4, 9:47*am, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
apparently, Dennis the Dickhead feels that he has every right to appropriate
our content for his website, without permission, and to claim copyright for
his subsequent use.
He emphasized that again, this morning, on his site.

Sadly, the suggestion to go to 'cease and desists' would seem to be the only
recourse. I have made a couple inquiries this morning, and had to meet with
family lawyers this week anyway(sucks for Denny that I am on vacation, with
loads of free time this week). What sort of stinks is that the end result
might be a closure of the NJFlyfishing website, which seems to have a goodly
number of decent folks using it in a responsible fashion. It is a shame that
they cannot seem to prevail on their administration to see common sense.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Tom

Hmm, wonder if this helps
Frank Reid
© 2008 - Do not redistribute outside of USENet without the owners
specific permission.
Old August 4th, 2008, 06:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On Aug 5, 12:45*am, Frank Reid wrote:
[...]

Probably not. A lot of sites upload usenet posts...google a few words
from an old post and see all the places it appears. Its return-access
that is universally prohibited; something that DA was unaware of
(willingly so, apparently). I think being publicly read and
distributed is the price we pay for discoursing on an public access
format.

FWIW, I think I'm not banned there (I also joined up in an effort to
see what was happening on that end), nor do I feel a need to become
so...I think most of the posters there seem like likeable folks. But
there certainly are some (DA in particular) who seems to embody the
ugly cultural stereotype.

--riverman
Old August 4th, 2008, 07:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"riverman" wrote in message
...I think most of the posters there seem like likeable folks. But
there certainly are some (DA in particular) who seems to embody the
ugly cultural stereotype.

--riverman

I would agree, Myron. Even to go so far as state that most I encountered
there are good folks.
Tom